Gotta know your "BD"!
(Gotta know what are YOUR “Brilliant Differentiators”?)
A coaching client asked me this question:
"Where should I advertise and how can I set myself apart to attract more clients?"
There is an important question you MUST ask yourself first, and you must know the answer to it, BEFORE you can even make these decisions of where to advertise ...
Answer This Simple Question:
What's MY "Brilliant Differentiator"?
- What makes YOU different from allllllll the others?
- What and how are You unique?
- Think about your experiences and training.
- Think about your 'back story'.
- Think about who you LOVE working with that makes your heart and soul happy!
These are all specific to you, to help you identify YOUR "Brilliant Differentiator".
Knowing how to set yourself apart from the 'competition' and using it in your marketing, positioning, and business model can literally add an extra $1000 - $5000 (if not more) each and EVERY month.
To Help Give You An Idea of what might be your “Brilliant Differentiator” — I’ll share with you a few of my BD’s As An Example:
(Physical therapists, massage therapists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and so many other wellness providers are a dime a dozen in San Francisco — so it is a completely saturated market!)
For me, as a Pain Relief Specialist, I’ve got a few BD’s that set me apart from all the “competition” in San Francisco.
You want to start thinking of what sets you apart, too.
Here are 8 of MY biggies (you can use these to model your own if you like)
- I call myself a “Pain Reliever & Mover Improver”
- I broke my neck and recovered from complete paralysis which led me to develop my own proprietary rehab method of Active Myofascial Therapy ~ The Diamond Method.
- I have had 2 kids, so know what pregnancy and breast-feeding challenges were.
- I’ve had 2 knee surgeries, shoulder injuries, low back pain, been injured in a few car accidents, and fallen down a huge flight of stairs (when I was 8 months pregnant) severely injuring my back.
- I offer my modality of Active Myofascial Therapy in my clinic (not very many practitioners provide AMT)
- I can reduce people’s soft tissue pain, migraines or headaches by at least 50% within 14 days or less.
- I’m inducted in the Massage World Hall of Fame.
- I offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Once you’ve identified and highlight your BDs it shows you have a personal understanding of client’s experiences who have, or are going through the same or similar things.
TRUST IS BUILT!
When potential clients see that you are different than most other providers and have a personal experience similar to theirs, if they want what you offer, they know right away that they should apply to be your client.
(Sometimes therapists like you have a difficult time seeing exactly what their brilliant differentiators are and how they can use them to their advantage. (I can help you privately if you need help).)
- Do you practice a unique modality such as Active Myofascial Therapy that very few (if any) other providers in your city offer so it makes you extremely unique and rates for your services really do not become an issue?
- Do you have a special backstory (history) of injuries or conditions or symptoms that give you a deep familiarity than most other practitioners don’t have.
- Can you also offer a 100% guarantee for your services because you are THAT confident?
- Do you know for sure EXACTLY how many sessions you need and to what degree you can get your clients a measurable change in their symptoms or function?
- Is there a new modality you should learn or add to set yourself apart and really show your Brilliant Differentiation?
Now it’s YOUR turn:
Please share your BD below to help you get super-clear on it, and to inspire others.
My BD is that I offer Neuromuscular Therapy. I specialize in working with people with neck pain. I get results for my clients, and I am known in my town as a clinical therapist who gets result, whether clients come in for neck pain, sciatic pain, or TMJ, my focus is to help ease their pain. I have recently just added AMT as one of my specialties, and I am getting great results. No other therapist in my area offers this modality. I follow up with every client who walks thru my door, and if they have not been satisfied with the service they receive from one of my therapists, I have them come back for a free 30 min session with me.
1. Pain and stress management 2. Myofascial mobilization certification along with training Thai and Lomi Lomi 3. Have lived with Chronic Pain in the past for many years before having a total hip replacement at the rip old age of 46 (3 yrs ago) 4. Associates degree in exercise science and 10 years experience as a personal trainer 5. Top notch customer service. 6. Personally I live a healthy active life that I promote to all my clients. I will never say I suggest this to help with…. with out having experienced it for myself. Exercise, yoga, balanced diet, stretches, meditation etc.
Ok here goes.My BD is very similar to yours believe it or not. This is my spiel when meeting potential clients or attending networking events.
1: I specialize in stress management and pain reduction
2: Over the years I have given birth to 3 children and have multiple surgeries including major back surgery. Which helps me understand and help others who may be or have had similar problems.
3: I offer Active Myofascial therapy as well as advanced therapeutic massage techniques
4: With proven results and very satisfied clients I am able to continue my referrals from the areas top orthopedic doctors ,chiropractors and physical therapists.
5: I offer a satisfaction guarantee. I am not satisfied unless my clients are satisfied with reaching their health and wellness goals.
My BD is massage cupping. I haven’t seen anyone else in town that does it. I get good results. Plus…my clients get to come in and let me know what’s going on and chat a little. Some need to just talk, and I allow time for that. It’s not you have 2 minutes to get on and off the table. Even though my massage room is in a Chiropractic office, I try to make it a warm and calm place to come to. Plus, I feel I’m special. You’re getting a massage therapist that really cares about you. I cannot wait to add AMT to my repertoire of techniques. Then that will be added to my BD list.
Can’t wait, as a have a few clients I know would make further progress.
first — would love to have you study Active Myofascial Therapy to add to your BD!
Cupping is a good BD if not may others offer it in your area.
BUT… do you think there are lots of other practitioners who offer the ability to chat in a warm environment, where the therapist really cares about them?
See if you can come up with any others distinctions that really set YOU apart, and post again below.