“Devastation like this should not happen… But it does, … and it did.
Families, homes, hospitals, schools, and lives are torn apart.”
Read On To Learn How To Host A Fund Raiser Through Your Practice:
Use your massage practice to raise funds for People Suffering from any major disaster or to donate to any charitable organization of your choice.
You Can Host A “Hands and Hearts That Heal” Fund-raiser
A Fund-raiser can be a simple few-hour event…
OR it can be a huge, coordinated, multi-location event.
(I originally posted this for a “Heal Haiti” massage fundraiser in January 2010 when so much devastation occurred. My Wellness Center in San Francisco held a fundraiser that generated $793.00 that we donated to Doctors without Borders)
This fundraising method I share can be used for any cause.
If you’re feeling moved too do something to raise money, I encourage you to hold a fundraiser so you can take the proceeds to donate to any group of people in need.)
Wellness Practices & Therapists around the globe:
You can host a fundraiser solo,
or band together with other practitioners and
Make A Difference!
Your “Hands and Hearts That Heal” efforts will raise funds for the people in need, and as an added benefit, it will bring more awareness to your clinic and practice.
Please watch the video above, pick a date or week to host your event and announce to your community, clients, friends and family that they can receive a session as part of your event.
Determine how much of the proceeds you will donate
to support the cause.
It is Easy!
See the Promotional Press Release below that You can download for your own promotions!
10 Simple Steps To Do:
- Pick the amount of sales you will donate to a charity to benefit your cause. (20, 50, 100%)
- Pick a local or national charity organization to be the beneficiary of the funds raised (Red Cross, Doctors without Borders, Humane Society, etc)
- Pick a date, day, week or month that you will be holding the fundraiser and honor your clients by making a donation of part of what they pay you for your massage service.
- Let clients know they can add any amount over your rate that they would like to contribute, and that will be donated too.
- Promote your fundraiser out to your email lists, Twitter feed, blog, and use #HandsandHeartsThatHeal
- Pick up the phone and call people so they known of your event
- –> LOOK BELOW and download the done-for-you Press Release we wrote for you that you can modify for your own massage practice.
- If you want to really get the word out– get the media involved and have them send a camera crew to your place of business to film a minute or two of you working on a client who will be making a donation.
- Make a plan to make it happen!
- Post your FaceBook comments below of what you will be doing as YOUR FUNDRAISER so you can inspire others to also organize one too. Use #HandsandHeartsThatHeal, & Just DO it!
Our hearts go out to the people in need.
PLEASE consider holding a simple Fundraiser for them ….
it could literally be the difference between life and death!
Share Your Success So We All Can Learn:
After your event, come back here to post in the comments again to share with us what you did, how it went and how much money you raised through your fundraiser.
(Even $50-$100 donation from each therapist is worth your efforts and WILL Make a difference to so many lives!)